If you are planning for your future and you would like to see your investments grow, an annuity might be just right for you. Here at the Craig Mader Insurance Agency, we’re up to speed on the options and the guidelines of all types of annuities; and we can answer all your questions.
What is an Annuity?
Annuities are of various types; but, basically, an annuity is a tax-deferred investment option that offers a savings plan with guaranteed interest rates and which is not subject to annual deposit limits.
Categories of Annuities
Categories of annuities can be classified by the following:
- Nature of the investment
- Fixed – guaranteed to grow in value
- Variable – growth or loss depends on investment performance (Note: This agency does not provide variable annuity products.)
- Purpose – to accumulate funds or create income.
- Deferred – defers payout for a specified time period
- Immediate – begins payout almost immediately
- Terms of Payout – based upon time period, amount or lifetime
- Fixed Period – Annuity pays for a specified time period (e.g. 5 years)
- Fixed Amount – Annuity pays up to an established amount.
- Lifetime – Annuity pays for the remaining life of the annuitant. A guaranteed period can be established to avoid significant loss in the case of early death of the annuitant.
- Tax Status – whether the annuity will fund a tax-favored retirement plan like IRA, 401(k), etc.
- Qualified – used to invest and contribute money to a tax-favored retirement plan
- Non-Qualified – purchased separately from a tax-favored retirement plan.
- Premium Payment Arrangement
- Single Premum – annuity is funded by a single substantial payment such as a rollover.
- Flexible Premium – annuity is funded by a series of investments; payout intended to be deferred for a significant time to accumulate funds and experience investment growth.
Why not discuss the many portfolio plans available with one of our experienced agents here at the Craig Mader Insurance Agency, who can help you explore the choices and arrive at the best annuity or other investment option for you. Just contact us today to discuss how we can help.
This agency does not provide variable annuities.
The scope of your insurance coverage and options depend entirely upon the policy and the insurance company providing it. This website is not intended to advise, offer or bind coverage. You should always discuss your insurance issues with professionals such as a licensed and qualified insurance agent like those at the Craig Mader Insurance Agency before making any decisions or choosing a course of action.